Senator Andy Vidak sworn into office
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Newly elected Senator Andy Vidak was sworn into office Saturday morning.
He thanked his family, supporters and the City of Hanford for helping and supporting him throughout his campaign. After weeks of nasty campaigns and a special election the Hanford Republican won the State Senate Seat in 16th district over Kern County Supervisor Leticia Perez.
Vidak says his first order of business is to meet everyone and also he says his mission remains the same.
"It's jobs job jobs, its affordable, reliable water, affordable, reliable energy, we'd like more local control in our schools down here- all important things," Senator Vidak said.
The district boundaries are changing so Vidak will have to run again in 2014.
fresno county, election day, andy vidak, leticia perez, tulare county, kings county, kern county, politics
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment 17 min ago
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing 10 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno...
17 min ago
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after...
11 min ago