Former President George W. Bush undergoes heart surgery
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- After a blockage was discovered in an artery in his heart on Monday, former President George W. Bush underwent heart surgery Tuesday morning.
According to Bush spokesman Freddy Ford, during President George W. Bush's annual physical examination on Monday, a blockage was discovered in an artery in his heart. At the recommendation of his doctors, President Bush underwent surgery Tuesday morning to have a stent placed to open the blockage.
The Ford said the procedure was performed successfully at a hospital in Texas. He said President Bush is in high spirits and eager to return home on Wednesday and resume his normal schedule on Thursday.
george w. bush, texas, politics
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for jet with 239 aboard
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos