Blong Xiong announces run for Fresno County Board of Supervisors
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno City Council President Blong Xiong announced Tuesday that he will run for Fresno County Supervisor in District One.
Xiong filed papers at the County Elections Office to officially launch his campaign for the June 2014 election. District One includes the City of Fresno's West Side and the towns of Kerman, Firebaugh, Mendota and San Joaquin.
Xiong said he plans to bring more economic opportunities to the region and looks forward to meeting members of the community to hear their concerns. "It's been about working hard. Making sure the residents have an opportunity to talk with you, engage with you. And let them know what I do bring to the table and how I'm looking to bring people together and moving us forward to improve our community."
The current supervisor for that district, Phil Larson, said last week he would not run again in order to take care of his health and spend more time with family.
Xiong will be running against Westside dairy farmer Brian Pacheco.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southwest, fresno west central, kerman, mendota, firebaugh, san joaquin, blong xiong, fresno county board of supervisors, politics
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno 29 min ago
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88 36 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies