Blong Xiong announces run for Fresno County Board of Supervisors
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno City Council President Blong Xiong announced Tuesday that he will run for Fresno County Supervisor in District One.
Xiong filed papers at the County Elections Office to officially launch his campaign for the June 2014 election. District One includes the City of Fresno's West Side and the towns of Kerman, Firebaugh, Mendota and San Joaquin.
Xiong said he plans to bring more economic opportunities to the region and looks forward to meeting members of the community to hear their concerns. "It's been about working hard. Making sure the residents have an opportunity to talk with you, engage with you. And let them know what I do bring to the table and how I'm looking to bring people together and moving us forward to improve our community."
The current supervisor for that district, Phil Larson, said last week he would not run again in order to take care of his health and spend more time with family.
Xiong will be running against Westside dairy farmer Brian Pacheco.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southwest, fresno west central, kerman, mendota, firebaugh, san joaquin, blong xiong, fresno county board of supervisors, politics
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos