Boehner, Valley GOP leaders to announce water proposal in Bakersfield
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- House Speaker John Boehner will make a stop in Bakersfield on Wednesday.
Boehner will join three republican Valley congressmen to announce a new proposal to address the impact drought is having in the area. The bill would allow the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta pumps to operate as long as water is available. It would also stop the San Joaquin River restoration -- the agreement to reconnect the river with the Pacific Ocean and reintroduce salmon flows.
Boehner will tour the area along with Congressmen Devin Nunes, David Valadao of Hanford, and Kevin McCarthy of Bakersfield.
john boehner, politics
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos