Boehner, Valley GOP leaders to announce water proposal in Bakersfield
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- House Speaker John Boehner will make a stop in Bakersfield on Wednesday.
Boehner will join three republican Valley congressmen to announce a new proposal to address the impact drought is having in the area. The bill would allow the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta pumps to operate as long as water is available. It would also stop the San Joaquin River restoration -- the agreement to reconnect the river with the Pacific Ocean and reintroduce salmon flows.
Boehner will tour the area along with Congressmen Devin Nunes, David Valadao of Hanford, and Kevin McCarthy of Bakersfield.
john boehner, politics
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Singer Juan Gabriel released from Vegas hospital
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos