Valerie Davis running for City Council
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno Unified School board member is now vying for a seat on the Fresno City Council.
Valerie Davis announced her candidacy for Southwest Fresno's District Five Monday.
The school board president has served on the board of education for the past six years.
Current district five councilman Mike Dages endorsed Davis Monday. Instead of his assistant and colleague of sixteen years, Sal Quintero -- who is also running for the council seat.
"Sal and I have been in there for 16 years and God bless him he is having some problems that change is now and that change is Valerie Davis," Mike Dages said.
Davis says she will focus on revitalizing neighborhoods in Southeast Fresno.
Her seat on the Fresno Unified School Board is open in July.
fresno, valley politics, local elections
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times