Vidak still leading Costa
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- New numbers from Tuesday's election show a narrowing gap between Congressman Jim Costa and republican challenger Andy Vidak.
Vidak's lead has now shrunk to just 648 votes-- just one percentage point. Costa picked up some votes from Fresno and Kern counties, where he holds an advantage.
Elections officials are still counting thousands of provisional and absentee ballots in both counties. And both candidates are watching the vote count closely.
"We expect that when the votes continue to come in both in Fresno and Kern county and when they are complete we will have a solid lead when all the votes are counted and that's what we want to make sure all the votes are counted," Rep. Jim Costa (D) Fresno said.
"We're still cautiously optimistic we worked hard and theres a lot of votes we counted. We want them all counted, want it done fairly we're watching all this we're in this to the end," Andy Vidak (R) Congressional Candidate said.
About 4,000 ballots have yet to be counted in Kern County. About 50,000 ballots have yet to be counted in Fresno County. A fifth of those are in the 20th Congressional District.
andy vidak, jim costa, kern county, fresno county, 2010 election, local elections
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up 2 min ago
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Accuweather Forecast
16 min ago