Vidak still leading Costa
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- New numbers from Tuesday's election show a narrowing gap between Congressman Jim Costa and republican challenger Andy Vidak.
Vidak's lead has now shrunk to just 648 votes-- just one percentage point. Costa picked up some votes from Fresno and Kern counties, where he holds an advantage.
Elections officials are still counting thousands of provisional and absentee ballots in both counties. And both candidates are watching the vote count closely.
"We expect that when the votes continue to come in both in Fresno and Kern county and when they are complete we will have a solid lead when all the votes are counted and that's what we want to make sure all the votes are counted," Rep. Jim Costa (D) Fresno said.
"We're still cautiously optimistic we worked hard and theres a lot of votes we counted. We want them all counted, want it done fairly we're watching all this we're in this to the end," Andy Vidak (R) Congressional Candidate said.
About 4,000 ballots have yet to be counted in Kern County. About 50,000 ballots have yet to be counted in Fresno County. A fifth of those are in the 20th Congressional District.
andy vidak, jim costa, kern county, fresno county, 2010 election, local elections
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase