Vidak still leading Costa
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- New numbers from Tuesday's election show a narrowing gap between Congressman Jim Costa and republican challenger Andy Vidak.
Vidak's lead has now shrunk to just 648 votes-- just one percentage point. Costa picked up some votes from Fresno and Kern counties, where he holds an advantage.
Elections officials are still counting thousands of provisional and absentee ballots in both counties. And both candidates are watching the vote count closely.
"We expect that when the votes continue to come in both in Fresno and Kern county and when they are complete we will have a solid lead when all the votes are counted and that's what we want to make sure all the votes are counted," Rep. Jim Costa (D) Fresno said.
"We're still cautiously optimistic we worked hard and theres a lot of votes we counted. We want them all counted, want it done fairly we're watching all this we're in this to the end," Andy Vidak (R) Congressional Candidate said.
About 4,000 ballots have yet to be counted in Kern County. About 50,000 ballots have yet to be counted in Fresno County. A fifth of those are in the 20th Congressional District.
andy vidak, jim costa, kern county, fresno county, 2010 election, local elections
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos