Vidak still leading Costa
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- New numbers from Tuesday's election show a narrowing gap between Congressman Jim Costa and republican challenger Andy Vidak.
Vidak's lead has now shrunk to just 648 votes-- just one percentage point. Costa picked up some votes from Fresno and Kern counties, where he holds an advantage.
Elections officials are still counting thousands of provisional and absentee ballots in both counties. And both candidates are watching the vote count closely.
"We expect that when the votes continue to come in both in Fresno and Kern county and when they are complete we will have a solid lead when all the votes are counted and that's what we want to make sure all the votes are counted," Rep. Jim Costa (D) Fresno said.
"We're still cautiously optimistic we worked hard and theres a lot of votes we counted. We want them all counted, want it done fairly we're watching all this we're in this to the end," Andy Vidak (R) Congressional Candidate said.
About 4,000 ballots have yet to be counted in Kern County. About 50,000 ballots have yet to be counted in Fresno County. A fifth of those are in the 20th Congressional District.
andy vidak, jim costa, kern county, fresno county, 2010 election, local elections
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns 47 min ago
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- Dave Chappelle is back with new Funny or Die tour
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails