Super Tuesday Sprint: 3 Days to Go
With 72 hours to go before Super Tuesday, and with some two dozen states at play, the candidates are hop-scotching the country this weekend, trying to scoop up delegates like pebbles.
Ensconced in delegate rich California this weekend, Sen. Hillary Clinton seems to be sending a message to voters torn between her and Sen. Barack Obama, suggesting maybe she'd make him her running mate.
"Seeing the two of us was just so exciting for so many people," Clinton told PBS host Tavis Smiley in an interview after the two debated Thursday night.
Sen. Obama hops from Idaho to Minnesota to Missouri today. With delegates allotted proportionally, a candidate doesn't have to win the state to walk out closer to the nomination.
"This is, frankly, a delegate race at this point," Obama admitted at a campaign rally earlier this week.
Sen. Clinton's number one surrogate, her husband, came home to Arkansas where he took a shot at Sen. Edward Kennedy for "messing up" education reform.
"The president made a deal with Sen. Kennedy and neither one of them meant to mess it up," the former president said, referring to Kennedy's support for President Bush's No Child Left Behind education plan. Kennedy has thrown his support behind Sen. Obama.
Clinton's fellow Arkansan Mike Huckabee is staying south for the Republican race -- trying to prevent his fellow evangelicals from flocking to rival Mitt Romney.
"I've got a far more conservative record than Mitt Romney ever dreamed of having," Huckabee said this week.
Sen. John McCain is also down south today in Nashville, trying to build on momentum from big endorsements and his Florida win before he heads to Massachusetts, the home state of Mitt Romney. Romney is sinking more of his millions into TV ads in Super Tuesday states, but for the first time he hinted he needs to get a serious return on his investment Tuesday to keep going.
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote 34 min ago
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire 12 min ago
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol for minors
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over California
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Gut bacteria: The secret weapon to weight loss?
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Accuweather Forecast
19 min ago
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
31 min ago
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
15 min ago