Friday Morning Football on ABC30
It's that time of year again, when football fever takes over Valley high schools. Here at Action News, that means we're kicking off another season of our popular morning newscast segment: "Friday Morning Football."
Every Friday this fall, starting September 5th through the Playoffs, we will feature one school on Action News AM Live, which broadcasts live from 5 to 7am. We have chosen your school as one we'd like to highlight this year. This is your students' chance to shine on live television, promote their school, and really show their positive school pride.
"Friday Morning Football" is essentially an early morning pep rally. Starting at 5am, we ask that your Varsity Football Players and Varsity Cheer squad be present, as well as a large student cheering section. Some schools have brought out their Band and JV squads as well. As many students as possible gather in the gym (preferred) or stadium to cheer, chant, dance, sing, play music, whatever best represents their school spirit. There are multiple "hits" throughout the 2-hour newscast, until we sign off at 7am. I will be on location to help coordinate all the segments and interview the football coach as well as the players and student body leaders about the upcoming game. (We prefer to schedule these segments on the morning of a big game so we can promote the game time and location, etc.) So start thinking about your big rivalries for Friday Morning Football.
Please view an example of one of last year's successful segments in the video above.
Please contact me with any questions and e-mail me your top 3 choices for scheduling dates no later than Monday, August 25th.
I look forward to working with you, Christine Park Anchor/Reporter ABC30 Action News
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers 19 min ago
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- FUSD students improve nationally but still...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos