Friday Morning Football on ABC30
It's that time of year again, when football fever takes over Valley high schools. Here at Action News, that means we're kicking off another season of our popular morning newscast segment: "Friday Morning Football."
Every Friday this fall, starting September 5th through the Playoffs, we will feature one school on Action News AM Live, which broadcasts live from 5 to 7am. We have chosen your school as one we'd like to highlight this year. This is your students' chance to shine on live television, promote their school, and really show their positive school pride.
"Friday Morning Football" is essentially an early morning pep rally. Starting at 5am, we ask that your Varsity Football Players and Varsity Cheer squad be present, as well as a large student cheering section. Some schools have brought out their Band and JV squads as well. As many students as possible gather in the gym (preferred) or stadium to cheer, chant, dance, sing, play music, whatever best represents their school spirit. There are multiple "hits" throughout the 2-hour newscast, until we sign off at 7am. I will be on location to help coordinate all the segments and interview the football coach as well as the players and student body leaders about the upcoming game. (We prefer to schedule these segments on the morning of a big game so we can promote the game time and location, etc.) So start thinking about your big rivalries for Friday Morning Football.
Please view an example of one of last year's successful segments in the video above.
Please contact me with any questions and e-mail me your top 3 choices for scheduling dates no later than Monday, August 25th.
I look forward to working with you, Christine Park Anchor/Reporter ABC30 Action News
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88