Former Fresno State MVP Named Pro Bowl Starter
Fresno, CA (KFSN) -- Former Bulldog Logan Mankins has been named a NFL Pro Bowler for the second time in his five year career. An offensive guard with the New England Patriots, Mankins has started 79 straight games.
The Catheys Valley resident also earned a Pro Bowl invitation two years ago after the Patriots made him a 1st round pick in the 2005 draft.
"He's a very consistent player. I think he was that at Fresno and certainly in talking to Pat [Hill] and doing a lot of research on Logan, he was a very consistent player out there at Fresno at left tackle and he's been pretty consistent since day one. He started for us since the day he got here and he's been one of our most solid, consistent player's day in and day out - practice, games, offseason, offseason program, offseason workouts, training-camp. He's really steady, consistent and he's good. As an athlete, he played left tackle in college and moved inside and I think athletically he's at the upper end of the athletic skill for guards. There're not a lot of guards that can play left tackle. There're some, but I wouldn't say it's a real long list. To have that kind of skill set in there at guard and still have the power and strength to play in there, which he has, that's why he's respected the way he is for his performance in that position. He pulls well. He runs well on screens and things like that," said the Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick about the former Fresno State MVP.
fresno state football, new england patriots, sports, jason oliveira
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well 30 min ago
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings