'Dogs Beat Nevada
Fresno, CA (KFSN) -- Going up against the defending WAC runners-up without their best player it didn't look good for the bulldogs Saturday night at home against Nevada.
But leave it to Steve Cleveland's crew to make a statement in front of 8,500 fans at Save Mart Center.
Up 3 points at the half, the Bulldogs went to work in the second frame. Buchanan alum Brandon Sperling feeding the big man inside.
Greg Smith with the layup, team-high 25 and 12 boards for the former Edison star.
Then it was Sperling and Smith reversing roles, Smith went out to Sperling for three.
Bulldogs maintained their lead in the second half and extended it gradually.
Off a turnover, Steven Shepp got it upcourt quickly to Mike Ladd. And Ladd buried the three-ball from the wing.
They took it 87-77 to get to a game over .500 both overall and in WAC play.
It was a big night for Juju, 25 and 11, stepping up big in place of the injured Paul George.
Bulldogs next hit the court at Idaho, Thursday night.
fresno state basketball, fresno, sports, david bataller
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted 11 min ago
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 49 min ago
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos