'Dogs Beat Nevada
Fresno, CA (KFSN) -- Going up against the defending WAC runners-up without their best player it didn't look good for the bulldogs Saturday night at home against Nevada.
But leave it to Steve Cleveland's crew to make a statement in front of 8,500 fans at Save Mart Center.
Up 3 points at the half, the Bulldogs went to work in the second frame. Buchanan alum Brandon Sperling feeding the big man inside.
Greg Smith with the layup, team-high 25 and 12 boards for the former Edison star.
Then it was Sperling and Smith reversing roles, Smith went out to Sperling for three.
Bulldogs maintained their lead in the second half and extended it gradually.
Off a turnover, Steven Shepp got it upcourt quickly to Mike Ladd. And Ladd buried the three-ball from the wing.
They took it 87-77 to get to a game over .500 both overall and in WAC play.
It was a big night for Juju, 25 and 11, stepping up big in place of the injured Paul George.
Bulldogs next hit the court at Idaho, Thursday night.
fresno state basketball, fresno, sports, david bataller
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 2 min ago
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices...
50 min ago