Bulldogs Get At-Large Tournament Bid
Fresno, CA (KFSN) -- The Fresno State Bulldogs (27-6) received the good news 30 minutes into the Women's NCAA Tournament selection show that they had earned a No. 13 seed and will play No. 4 seeded Baylor (23-9) on Saturday in Berkeley, Calif., on the campus of the University of California.
"Today was very long and tough to focus," Fresno State guard Jaleesa Ross said. "This year wasn't a for sure where the last two years we knew our name was going to come up. It was an awesome feeling. It was like weight was lifted off our shoulders. We are excited to still be playing."
Tipoff at Haas Pavilion will be at 7:30 p.m. Pacific Time after the No. 5 seeded Georgetown Hoyas play No. 12 seeded Marist. This is only the third time since 2000 that the WAC has had two teams in the NCAA tournament.
This isn't the first time Fresno State and Baylor have played in the NCAA Tournament. The teams played in the 2008 tournament at the University of New Mexico. Fresno State was a No. 14 seed and the Bears were a No. 3 seed and the Bears won 88-67.
fresno state basketball, fresno state bulldogs, sports
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list 9 min ago
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Fresno man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes