Bulldogs Get At-Large Tournament Bid
Fresno, CA (KFSN) -- The Fresno State Bulldogs (27-6) received the good news 30 minutes into the Women's NCAA Tournament selection show that they had earned a No. 13 seed and will play No. 4 seeded Baylor (23-9) on Saturday in Berkeley, Calif., on the campus of the University of California.
"Today was very long and tough to focus," Fresno State guard Jaleesa Ross said. "This year wasn't a for sure where the last two years we knew our name was going to come up. It was an awesome feeling. It was like weight was lifted off our shoulders. We are excited to still be playing."
Tipoff at Haas Pavilion will be at 7:30 p.m. Pacific Time after the No. 5 seeded Georgetown Hoyas play No. 12 seeded Marist. This is only the third time since 2000 that the WAC has had two teams in the NCAA tournament.
This isn't the first time Fresno State and Baylor have played in the NCAA Tournament. The teams played in the 2008 tournament at the University of New Mexico. Fresno State was a No. 14 seed and the Bears were a No. 3 seed and the Bears won 88-67.
fresno state basketball, fresno state bulldogs, sports
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 29 min ago
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 24 min ago
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- Man dancing on power pole in Oxnard lifted...
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 27 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved...
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos