Bulldogs Get At-Large Tournament Bid
Fresno, CA (KFSN) -- The Fresno State Bulldogs (27-6) received the good news 30 minutes into the Women's NCAA Tournament selection show that they had earned a No. 13 seed and will play No. 4 seeded Baylor (23-9) on Saturday in Berkeley, Calif., on the campus of the University of California.
"Today was very long and tough to focus," Fresno State guard Jaleesa Ross said. "This year wasn't a for sure where the last two years we knew our name was going to come up. It was an awesome feeling. It was like weight was lifted off our shoulders. We are excited to still be playing."
Tipoff at Haas Pavilion will be at 7:30 p.m. Pacific Time after the No. 5 seeded Georgetown Hoyas play No. 12 seeded Marist. This is only the third time since 2000 that the WAC has had two teams in the NCAA tournament.
This isn't the first time Fresno State and Baylor have played in the NCAA Tournament. The teams played in the 2008 tournament at the University of New Mexico. Fresno State was a No. 14 seed and the Bears were a No. 3 seed and the Bears won 88-67.
fresno state basketball, fresno state bulldogs, sports
- Fatal crash closes Valentine Ave north of Ashlan 10 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly 30 min ago
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact