Bulldogs Get At-Large Tournament Bid
Fresno, CA (KFSN) -- The Fresno State Bulldogs (27-6) received the good news 30 minutes into the Women's NCAA Tournament selection show that they had earned a No. 13 seed and will play No. 4 seeded Baylor (23-9) on Saturday in Berkeley, Calif., on the campus of the University of California.
"Today was very long and tough to focus," Fresno State guard Jaleesa Ross said. "This year wasn't a for sure where the last two years we knew our name was going to come up. It was an awesome feeling. It was like weight was lifted off our shoulders. We are excited to still be playing."
Tipoff at Haas Pavilion will be at 7:30 p.m. Pacific Time after the No. 5 seeded Georgetown Hoyas play No. 12 seeded Marist. This is only the third time since 2000 that the WAC has had two teams in the NCAA tournament.
This isn't the first time Fresno State and Baylor have played in the NCAA Tournament. The teams played in the 2008 tournament at the University of New Mexico. Fresno State was a No. 14 seed and the Bears were a No. 3 seed and the Bears won 88-67.
fresno state basketball, fresno state bulldogs, sports
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos