FS Coach Adrian Wiggins Named Region 7 Coach of the Year
Fresno, CA (KFSN) -- After leading his team to its first-ever at-large berth in the NCAA Tournament, Fresno State head coach Adrian Wiggins has been selected as the Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) Region 7 Coach of the Year.
Wiggins led the Bulldogs to a perfect 16-0 record in conference play and the WAC regular-season title. Fresno State notched its highest RPI in school history (27) and has posted a school-record 27 wins. The team also won 19 straight games.
The winners are selected through a two-level process. The first level is by region, in which coaches from each WBCA geographical region vote for their respective top coach. If a coach has been selected as Regional Coach of the Year, he/she advances as a finalist to the national level of the selection process along with the other RUSSELL ATHLETIC/WBCA Regional Coaches of the Year in their respective division.
The winner will be honored on Monday, April 5, during the RUSSELL ATHLETIC/WBCA National Coach of the Year Luncheon.
fresno state basketball, california state university fresno, sports
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos