FS Coach Adrian Wiggins Named Region 7 Coach of the Year
Fresno, CA (KFSN) -- After leading his team to its first-ever at-large berth in the NCAA Tournament, Fresno State head coach Adrian Wiggins has been selected as the Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) Region 7 Coach of the Year.
Wiggins led the Bulldogs to a perfect 16-0 record in conference play and the WAC regular-season title. Fresno State notched its highest RPI in school history (27) and has posted a school-record 27 wins. The team also won 19 straight games.
The winners are selected through a two-level process. The first level is by region, in which coaches from each WBCA geographical region vote for their respective top coach. If a coach has been selected as Regional Coach of the Year, he/she advances as a finalist to the national level of the selection process along with the other RUSSELL ATHLETIC/WBCA Regional Coaches of the Year in their respective division.
The winner will be honored on Monday, April 5, during the RUSSELL ATHLETIC/WBCA National Coach of the Year Luncheon.
fresno state basketball, california state university fresno, sports
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos