Baylor ends Fresno State's season
FRESNO, CA (KFSN) -- The Bulldogs went into Saturday's first round game focusing on rebounding, and that aspect of the game went well. Both teams ended up with 34 boards.
But three-point shooting was another story. Rosie Moutls' desperation three at the end of the first half was part of a 29-percent night from behind the arc.
Hayley Munro's jumper early in the second half brought the bulldogs to within three, but they would get no closer as the Brittney Griner show started.
Griner went on a personal 6-0 run to blow the game open. Emma Andrews' three-pointer made it an 11-point game with less than six minutes left.
But Baylor was just too much. Kelli Griffin had a career-high 11 assists.
69-55 is the final score.
With the loss, the bulldogs see their season end at 27 and 7 on the year. While the lady bears move on to play Georgetown in the second round.
fresno state basketball, fresno state bulldogs, sports
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180 3 min ago
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash 32 min ago
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Businessman announces run for Fresno City Council
- Murderer apologizes for killing pregnant woman
- Mother of 2-year-old that died faces felony charges
- Who will be Mayor?
- Photos: Selfless acts that will brighten your day