Baylor ends Fresno State's season
FRESNO, CA (KFSN) -- The Bulldogs went into Saturday's first round game focusing on rebounding, and that aspect of the game went well. Both teams ended up with 34 boards.
But three-point shooting was another story. Rosie Moutls' desperation three at the end of the first half was part of a 29-percent night from behind the arc.
Hayley Munro's jumper early in the second half brought the bulldogs to within three, but they would get no closer as the Brittney Griner show started.
Griner went on a personal 6-0 run to blow the game open. Emma Andrews' three-pointer made it an 11-point game with less than six minutes left.
But Baylor was just too much. Kelli Griffin had a career-high 11 assists.
69-55 is the final score.
With the loss, the bulldogs see their season end at 27 and 7 on the year. While the lady bears move on to play Georgetown in the second round.
fresno state basketball, fresno state bulldogs, sports
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River 42 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos