Baylor ends Fresno State's season
FRESNO, CA (KFSN) -- The Bulldogs went into Saturday's first round game focusing on rebounding, and that aspect of the game went well. Both teams ended up with 34 boards.
But three-point shooting was another story. Rosie Moutls' desperation three at the end of the first half was part of a 29-percent night from behind the arc.
Hayley Munro's jumper early in the second half brought the bulldogs to within three, but they would get no closer as the Brittney Griner show started.
Griner went on a personal 6-0 run to blow the game open. Emma Andrews' three-pointer made it an 11-point game with less than six minutes left.
But Baylor was just too much. Kelli Griffin had a career-high 11 assists.
69-55 is the final score.
With the loss, the bulldogs see their season end at 27 and 7 on the year. While the lady bears move on to play Georgetown in the second round.
fresno state basketball, fresno state bulldogs, sports
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather