Baylor ends Fresno State's season
FRESNO, CA (KFSN) -- The Bulldogs went into Saturday's first round game focusing on rebounding, and that aspect of the game went well. Both teams ended up with 34 boards.
But three-point shooting was another story. Rosie Moutls' desperation three at the end of the first half was part of a 29-percent night from behind the arc.
Hayley Munro's jumper early in the second half brought the bulldogs to within three, but they would get no closer as the Brittney Griner show started.
Griner went on a personal 6-0 run to blow the game open. Emma Andrews' three-pointer made it an 11-point game with less than six minutes left.
But Baylor was just too much. Kelli Griffin had a career-high 11 assists.
69-55 is the final score.
With the loss, the bulldogs see their season end at 27 and 7 on the year. While the lady bears move on to play Georgetown in the second round.
fresno state basketball, fresno state bulldogs, sports
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals