Fresno State's Ryan Mathews Goes to San Diego Chargers
Fresno, CA (KFSN) -- Just twelve picks into the 2010 NFL Draft is all former Fresno State running back Ryan Mathews had to wait.
The Chargers traded up from the 28th spot to selected the West Bakersfield High product at twelve.
Mathews should get an excellent shot to start as a rookie and replace his idol Ladainian Tomlinson who was released in February after nine seasons in San Diego.
Mathews finished his Bulldog career with 1,800 rushing this season and a nation leading 150-yard per game average.
fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, san diego charagers, sports, jason oliveira
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos