Fresno State's Ryan Mathews Goes to San Diego Chargers
Fresno, CA (KFSN) -- Just twelve picks into the 2010 NFL Draft is all former Fresno State running back Ryan Mathews had to wait.
The Chargers traded up from the 28th spot to selected the West Bakersfield High product at twelve.
Mathews should get an excellent shot to start as a rookie and replace his idol Ladainian Tomlinson who was released in February after nine seasons in San Diego.
Mathews finished his Bulldog career with 1,800 rushing this season and a nation leading 150-yard per game average.
fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, san diego charagers, sports, jason oliveira
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies