2010 Clovis Rodeo Kicks Off
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- The rodeo is rounding up some of the country's best cowboys and cowgirls and thousands of fans are flocking to Clovis.
More than 4,000 fans packed the rodeo fairgrounds Friday for the start of the professional bull riding action. Rodeo officials say so far ticket sales are up 25-percent this year.
Riders came from as far as Brazil and Australia to compete.
Douglas Duncan from Alvin, Texas walked away with the $12,000 top prize tonight after riding his bull "Original Prankster."
There's still a whole weekend ahead of action at the Clovis Rodeo. The competition begins at 5:30 Friday evening, with a concert afterwards.
This weekend's events include the rodeo parade at 9:30 a.m. and a rodeo performance at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, and the special Kid's Rodeo at 12:45 p.m. on Sunday.
clovis, clovis rodeo, rodeo, sports, john-thomas kobos
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 58 min ago
- Two killed in shooting near Exeter
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses