2010 Clovis Rodeo Kicks Off
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- The rodeo is rounding up some of the country's best cowboys and cowgirls and thousands of fans are flocking to Clovis.
More than 4,000 fans packed the rodeo fairgrounds Friday for the start of the professional bull riding action. Rodeo officials say so far ticket sales are up 25-percent this year.
Riders came from as far as Brazil and Australia to compete.
Douglas Duncan from Alvin, Texas walked away with the $12,000 top prize tonight after riding his bull "Original Prankster."
There's still a whole weekend ahead of action at the Clovis Rodeo. The competition begins at 5:30 Friday evening, with a concert afterwards.
This weekend's events include the rodeo parade at 9:30 a.m. and a rodeo performance at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, and the special Kid's Rodeo at 12:45 p.m. on Sunday.
clovis, clovis rodeo, rodeo, sports, john-thomas kobos
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno 5 min ago
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide