49ers fire offensive coordinator Raye
Fresno, CA -- Jimmy Raye has been fired as offensive coordinator by the San Francisco 49ers.
The team announced the firing Monday, one day after it fell to 0-3 and was beaten 31-10 at Kansas City. San Francisco has scored 38 points, second fewest in the NFL behind Carolina.
Mike Johnson will move from quarterbacks coach to offensive coordinator. Offensive assistant Jason Michael will take over as quarterbacks coach.
The 49ers were considered a favorite in the NFC West this year, but their offense has stalled, plagued by turnovers and a weak running game.
san francisco 49ers, sports
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members