49ers fire offensive coordinator Raye
Fresno, CA -- Jimmy Raye has been fired as offensive coordinator by the San Francisco 49ers.
The team announced the firing Monday, one day after it fell to 0-3 and was beaten 31-10 at Kansas City. San Francisco has scored 38 points, second fewest in the NFL behind Carolina.
Mike Johnson will move from quarterbacks coach to offensive coordinator. Offensive assistant Jason Michael will take over as quarterbacks coach.
The 49ers were considered a favorite in the NFC West this year, but their offense has stalled, plagued by turnovers and a weak running game.
san francisco 49ers, sports
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela 44 min ago
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004 38 min ago
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Photos: Winter Wonderland
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary