49ers fire offensive coordinator Raye
Fresno, CA -- Jimmy Raye has been fired as offensive coordinator by the San Francisco 49ers.
The team announced the firing Monday, one day after it fell to 0-3 and was beaten 31-10 at Kansas City. San Francisco has scored 38 points, second fewest in the NFL behind Carolina.
Mike Johnson will move from quarterbacks coach to offensive coordinator. Offensive assistant Jason Michael will take over as quarterbacks coach.
The 49ers were considered a favorite in the NFC West this year, but their offense has stalled, plagued by turnovers and a weak running game.
san francisco 49ers, sports
- Two killed in shooting near Exeter 59 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Combat vehicles in east Ukraine fly Russian flag
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"