Former Grizzly Buster Posey named Rookie of the Year
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- San Francisco Giants and former Fresno Grizzlies catcher Buster Posey was voted National League Rookie of the Year.
Buster Posey started the season as the catcher for the Fresno Grizzlies and ended it as a world champion. Now, he can add Rookie of the Year to his accomplishments.
Posey didn't get called up from Fresno to the Giants until May 29th. He batted .305 with 18 home runs and 67 RBI's. The catcher also handled Major League Baseball's number one pitching staff.
Posey drew 20 first place votes on the 32 ballots from the Baseball Writers' Association of America. One of his World Series opponents, Rangers closer Neftali Feliz, won the American League Rookie of the Year award.
san francisco giants, fresno grizzlies, sports
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos