Steve Cleveland steps down as Fresno State's head coach
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thursday night Fresno State put an end to days of rumors and speculation by announcing that Steve Cleveland will not return to coach the basketball Bulldogs next season.
Cleveland has stepped down but will remain at the school to serve as special assistant to the Director of Athletics.
The move was made just a week after Cleveland finished his fourth straight season with a losing record.
In six seasons with the Bulldogs Cleveland went 92-98 and no Western Athletic Conference titles or trips to the NCAA Tournament.
He is credited with cleaning up the program and rescuing it off probation, but dwindling attendance at home games and more losses than wins led to the university's decision to make a change.
For more information visit this link: http://www.gobulldogs.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/031711aaa.htmlNEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno state basketball, fresno state bulldogs, california state university fresno, sports, jason oliveira
- 12 people involved in SW Fresno car crash 6 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt
- 12 people involved in SW Fresno car crash
5 min ago