Giants' World Series trophy back in the Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The San Francisco Giants' World Series championship trophy returned to the Valley on Tuesday. This time local fans enjoyed some one-on-one time.
Giant fans posed with the elusive trophy to commemorate a picture perfect season. Jeff Baker channeled Brian Wilson behind the trophy. Baker explained, "Oh it's amazing. I want to take it home. I want to sleep with it."
The World Series trophy was hoisted in the Giants' clubhouse and doused with champagne. But on Tuesday it belonged to the loyal Giant fans of the Valley.
Sylvia Clark was decked out in Giants gear from head to toe. She said, "Yep I'm a die-hard Giants fan. I have a purse, earrings, jewelry. I'm good. And you got a picture with the trophy. And I got a picture with the trophy. That will go with me forever."
Eric Duffy of Fresno was dressed as a superhero called "Duff." He called the day, "Very exciting, very exciting. Something to look forward for next year when I come back and see the trophy again."
Outside it looked as if fans were waiting to get on an amusement park ride. Then again, the Giants did take them on a wild ride.
Ron Henslee of Selma said, "Oh man I didn't think I'd see one in my lifetime so I'm going to enjoy this one."
The World Series trophy shoot came prior to the Fresno Grizzlies exhibition game with Fresno Pacific. Grizzlies Media Relations Director Noah Frank said, "I can't think of a better way to start a baseball season than to remind everybody you are the world champs for the entire baseball season."
Fans figure the team should get greedy and win another trophy.
Giant fans began lining up at 3:30 in the morning but the line at Chukchansi Park paled in comparison to how long Giant fans have waited to see their team win a World Series.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
san francisco giants, fresno grizzlies, fresno, fresno county, sports, dale yurong
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes burns one home
- El Tapatio fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos