Fresno State Baseball sweeps NMSU
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Diamond 'Dogs didn't score in the double digits for the first time against New Mexico State this series, but they didn't need to either.
Rainy and chilly at Beiden Field Sunday, but Bulldog reliever Taylor Garrison didn't seem fazed. He struck out three Aggies in the game.
Then in the bottom of the eighth inning, with the Bulldogs already leading 5-3, Pat Hutcheson added to it. The single to centerfield scores Aaron Judge to cap the scoring in the game.
That's because Garrison was lights out, striking out two more Aggies in the ninth to end it. Bulldogs get the sweep, 6-3, and are tied atop the WAC with Hawaii, pending the Warriors game in progress against San Jose State.
The national champion Bulldog men's bowling team held a viewing party of their championship match at Doghouse Grill in Fresno Sunday.
ESPN2 showed Fresno State's April 23rd final win over Webber International, with friends and family cheering right along with the telecast. The win is Fresno State's only national championship so far this year.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno state baseball, fresno state bulldogs, fresno, fresno county, sports, david bataller
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos