Fresno State Baseball sweeps NMSU
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Diamond 'Dogs didn't score in the double digits for the first time against New Mexico State this series, but they didn't need to either.
Rainy and chilly at Beiden Field Sunday, but Bulldog reliever Taylor Garrison didn't seem fazed. He struck out three Aggies in the game.
Then in the bottom of the eighth inning, with the Bulldogs already leading 5-3, Pat Hutcheson added to it. The single to centerfield scores Aaron Judge to cap the scoring in the game.
That's because Garrison was lights out, striking out two more Aggies in the ninth to end it. Bulldogs get the sweep, 6-3, and are tied atop the WAC with Hawaii, pending the Warriors game in progress against San Jose State.
The national champion Bulldog men's bowling team held a viewing party of their championship match at Doghouse Grill in Fresno Sunday.
ESPN2 showed Fresno State's April 23rd final win over Webber International, with friends and family cheering right along with the telecast. The win is Fresno State's only national championship so far this year.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno state baseball, fresno state bulldogs, fresno, fresno county, sports, david bataller
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos