Fresno State Baseball sweeps NMSU
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Diamond 'Dogs didn't score in the double digits for the first time against New Mexico State this series, but they didn't need to either.
Rainy and chilly at Beiden Field Sunday, but Bulldog reliever Taylor Garrison didn't seem fazed. He struck out three Aggies in the game.
Then in the bottom of the eighth inning, with the Bulldogs already leading 5-3, Pat Hutcheson added to it. The single to centerfield scores Aaron Judge to cap the scoring in the game.
That's because Garrison was lights out, striking out two more Aggies in the ninth to end it. Bulldogs get the sweep, 6-3, and are tied atop the WAC with Hawaii, pending the Warriors game in progress against San Jose State.
The national champion Bulldog men's bowling team held a viewing party of their championship match at Doghouse Grill in Fresno Sunday.
ESPN2 showed Fresno State's April 23rd final win over Webber International, with friends and family cheering right along with the telecast. The win is Fresno State's only national championship so far this year.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno state baseball, fresno state bulldogs, fresno, fresno county, sports, david bataller
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn 36 min ago
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- California farmers to get more water 9 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Photos: Easter traditions explained