'Dogs blown out in regional opener
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two first inning errors cost the Bulldog baseball team dearly in Friday's regional opener against UC Irvine.
On a beautiful afternoon in Westwood, with a solid bulldog cheering section on hand, a miscue at shortstop got the ball rolling for the Anteaters. Clovis grad Garrett Weber lets the grounder go through his legs. What should have been an inning-ending double play, turned into an anteater catalyst.
Next batter is Drew Hillman, and his single to right got UC Irvine on the board. After another bulldog error made it 2-0, Jordan Leyland comes up with the big shot. Right fielder Dusty Robinson almost comes up with it, but it goes over the wall for a three-run homer.
UC Irvine would not look back. They go on to hammer the Bulldogs, 12-6. But with the double elimination format, Fresno state is not done yet. They play an elimination game Saturday at 2:00 pm against UCLA, who was beaten by the University of San Francisco, 3-0.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno state baseball, fresno state bulldogs, sports, david bataller
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network 36 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case