'Dogs blown out in regional opener
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two first inning errors cost the Bulldog baseball team dearly in Friday's regional opener against UC Irvine.
On a beautiful afternoon in Westwood, with a solid bulldog cheering section on hand, a miscue at shortstop got the ball rolling for the Anteaters. Clovis grad Garrett Weber lets the grounder go through his legs. What should have been an inning-ending double play, turned into an anteater catalyst.
Next batter is Drew Hillman, and his single to right got UC Irvine on the board. After another bulldog error made it 2-0, Jordan Leyland comes up with the big shot. Right fielder Dusty Robinson almost comes up with it, but it goes over the wall for a three-run homer.
UC Irvine would not look back. They go on to hammer the Bulldogs, 12-6. But with the double elimination format, Fresno state is not done yet. They play an elimination game Saturday at 2:00 pm against UCLA, who was beaten by the University of San Francisco, 3-0.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno state baseball, fresno state bulldogs, sports, david bataller
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos