Fresno Grizzlies host the 3rd annual Great Fresno Tweetup
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Sports took a backseat to social networking at Chukchansi Park on Thursday.
The Fresno Grizzlies hosted the third annual "Great Fresno Tweetup" at the downtown ballpark Thursday evening. Hundreds of Twitter users grabbed their cell phones, and some beers, to take in the game while tweeting.
The event is meant to help local businesses and residents network through the popular social networking service -- or just get out and have fun!
"We tweeted a ton of pictures today of ourselves," said Katherine Good.
"I was meeting a lot of people in person for the first time. Wishing them a happy birthday," said Debra Tempesta.
"I'm just tweeting about the game... having a blast!" said John Esquivel.
Thursday night was also "Thirsty Thursday," meaning one-dollar beers.
The Tweetup took place on an area called the "Tweet Deck" overlooking left field.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
twitter, fresno grizzlies, fresno downtown, fresno, fresno county, sports
- Fresno woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Lemoore considers tough water rules 30 min ago
- Suspicious bags found by Boston Marathon scene
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Tulare County-based drug smuggling ring busted
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Photos: Blood Moon seen across Valley skies
- Man rushes past security at Fresno airport
- Photos: Tax Day deals and freebies
- Drivers in California crash had clean records