Ex-Bulldog Goes Undrafted
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Back in march when Greg Smith announced he was leaving Fresno State after his sophomore season to turn pro many questioned that decision and thought it was a huge gamble.
Fast forward to Thursday's NBA Draft, when 60 names were announced and not one of them was Greg Smith.
Smith's only hope of playing in the NBA next season is if he can beat the odds and get signed as an undrafted rookie free agent.
The former Edison High star will also have options to earn a living playing overseas.
Scouts questioned his lack of intensity and low motor during games.
Smith averaged 12 points a game last season with the Bulldogs and was named to the All-WAC second team.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno state bulldogs, fresno state basketball, sports
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Combat vehicles in east Ukraine fly Russian flag
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California