Fresno State rolls out new turf
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Jim Sweeney Field will have a new look beginning this year. Fresno State has ripped out the sod and is replacing it with FieldTurf.
Tuesday was day one of the month long installation process. Over the next few weeks the construction crew will lay out the entire field before adding all the logos and hash marks.
It's a $1.2m dollar project that the university says was funded entirely through private donations.
The new field will lend itself to more speed on gamedays and will allow the Bulldogs a place to practice no matter what the weather is like.
pat hill, california state university fresno, fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports, jason oliveira
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 26 min ago
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 22 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88