Fresno State rolls out new turf
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Jim Sweeney Field will have a new look beginning this year. Fresno State has ripped out the sod and is replacing it with FieldTurf.
Tuesday was day one of the month long installation process. Over the next few weeks the construction crew will lay out the entire field before adding all the logos and hash marks.
It's a $1.2m dollar project that the university says was funded entirely through private donations.
The new field will lend itself to more speed on gamedays and will allow the Bulldogs a place to practice no matter what the weather is like.
pat hill, california state university fresno, fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports, jason oliveira
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 2 dead, 17 hurt
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting 17 min ago
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network