Fresno State rolls out new turf
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Jim Sweeney Field will have a new look beginning this year. Fresno State has ripped out the sod and is replacing it with FieldTurf.
Tuesday was day one of the month long installation process. Over the next few weeks the construction crew will lay out the entire field before adding all the logos and hash marks.
It's a $1.2m dollar project that the university says was funded entirely through private donations.
The new field will lend itself to more speed on gamedays and will allow the Bulldogs a place to practice no matter what the weather is like.
pat hill, california state university fresno, fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports, jason oliveira
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits