Fresno State rolls out new turf
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Jim Sweeney Field will have a new look beginning this year. Fresno State has ripped out the sod and is replacing it with FieldTurf.
Tuesday was day one of the month long installation process. Over the next few weeks the construction crew will lay out the entire field before adding all the logos and hash marks.
It's a $1.2m dollar project that the university says was funded entirely through private donations.
The new field will lend itself to more speed on gamedays and will allow the Bulldogs a place to practice no matter what the weather is like.
pat hill, california state university fresno, fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports, jason oliveira
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos