Fresno State rolls out new turf
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Jim Sweeney Field will have a new look beginning this year. Fresno State has ripped out the sod and is replacing it with FieldTurf.
Tuesday was day one of the month long installation process. Over the next few weeks the construction crew will lay out the entire field before adding all the logos and hash marks.
It's a $1.2m dollar project that the university says was funded entirely through private donations.
The new field will lend itself to more speed on gamedays and will allow the Bulldogs a place to practice no matter what the weather is like.
pat hill, california state university fresno, fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports, jason oliveira
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence