Santana pitches Angels' first no-hitter since 1984
CLEVELAND -- Ervin Santana pitched the first no-hitter for the Angels in nearly 27 years, striking out 10 and leading Los Angeles over the Cleveland Indians 3-1 Wednesday.
Santana allowed only two runners -- there was an error on the leadoff batter in the first inning and a walk in the eighth.
Santana was in control the whole way while throwing the Angels' first solo no-hitter since Mike Witt pitched a perfect game on Sept. 30, 1984. Angels pitchers Mark Langston (7 innings) and Mike Witt (2) combined on a no-hitter on April 11, 1990, in a 1-0 win against Seattle.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
los angeles angeles, sports
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos