Turf Makeover at Bulldog Stadium Takes Shape
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The checkerboard end zones at Bulldog Stadium have been added to Jim Sweeney Field. Friday field crews began sewing in each red and white square individually. Next week they'll work on installing the giant bulldog in the center of the field.
The university is switching to an artificial playing surface, known as FieldTurf.
The process to get away from natural grass began last month. The season opener with Cal is September 3 at Candlestick Parkand then two weeks later the Bulldogs will host North Dakota in the home openerNEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno, fresno county, california state university fresno, fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports, jason oliveira
- Man caught downloading child porn at McDonald's
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system
- Budget improvements for Fresno Unified
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore
- Stand-up paddling is catching on
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos