'Dogs strapped on full pads for the first time
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Preparations for California and the season opener continue at Fresno State. Monday Pat Hill's team strapped on full pads for the first time since camp opened last week.
The Bulldogs will practice almost every day until they kick off 2011 against the Golden Bears on September 3 at Candlestick Park.
Hill says so far he likes the effort he sees in practice, especially on the defensive front.
"I like our ability to pass rush. I think we're working really hard there "I want the offensive line to be tested all through camp. A lot of blitzing, a lot of line movement. A lot of things you usually don't do with a new group. But this group's got to get some heat now," said Hill.
"We're not the biggest front in the country, so we have the speed to make up for that. So I think that's really our main emphasis and really focusing on the technique of the game," said Logan Harrell.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, pat hill, california state university fresno, sports, jason oliveira
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk 11 min ago
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit