'Dogs strapped on full pads for the first time
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Preparations for California and the season opener continue at Fresno State. Monday Pat Hill's team strapped on full pads for the first time since camp opened last week.
The Bulldogs will practice almost every day until they kick off 2011 against the Golden Bears on September 3 at Candlestick Park.
Hill says so far he likes the effort he sees in practice, especially on the defensive front.
"I like our ability to pass rush. I think we're working really hard there "I want the offensive line to be tested all through camp. A lot of blitzing, a lot of line movement. A lot of things you usually don't do with a new group. But this group's got to get some heat now," said Hill.
"We're not the biggest front in the country, so we have the speed to make up for that. So I think that's really our main emphasis and really focusing on the technique of the game," said Logan Harrell.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, pat hill, california state university fresno, sports, jason oliveira
- Fresno State's new president has been selected
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill 10 min ago
- Xbox One to go on sale in late 2013
- 2016 Super Bowl to be played in 49ers' new stadium
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Mysterious illness kills 2 in southeast Alabama
- Merced Co. may allow fireworks in unincorporated areas
- FUSD gives lessons on eating healthy
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison
- ESPN layoffs are the latest in a series of Disney cuts