10,000 tickets sold for Fresno State opener with Cal
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The excitement and enthusiasm surrounding the Fresno State football team's Sept. 3 season opener against the California Golden Bears at Candlestick Park continues to grow as the Bulldog Ticket Office surpassed its goal of selling 10,000 tickets for the game on Wednesday morning.
"We're thrilled that so many of our fans will be at Candlestick for this game," head football coach Pat Hill said. "I've really liked how our practices are going so far and I can't wait to get on the field to take on Cal. It's going to be a great college football game."
It will be just the third meeting between the two schools with Fresno State holding a 2-0 lead in the series. Fresno State won the last meeting 17-3 in 2000 at Bulldog Stadium.
By reaching and surpassing the 10,000 ticket milestone, the Fresno State Department of Athletics will receive more than $750,000 for competing in the contest and can earn additional revenue with the sale of more tickets. Fresno State and California partnered with Russ Potts Productions and WFI Stadium, Inc., who are the game's promoters.
fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, california state university fresno, pat hill, sports, jason oliveira
- I-5 over the Grapevine and HWY 58 closed due to snow 45 min ago
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe