10,000 tickets sold for Fresno State opener with Cal
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The excitement and enthusiasm surrounding the Fresno State football team's Sept. 3 season opener against the California Golden Bears at Candlestick Park continues to grow as the Bulldog Ticket Office surpassed its goal of selling 10,000 tickets for the game on Wednesday morning.
"We're thrilled that so many of our fans will be at Candlestick for this game," head football coach Pat Hill said. "I've really liked how our practices are going so far and I can't wait to get on the field to take on Cal. It's going to be a great college football game."
It will be just the third meeting between the two schools with Fresno State holding a 2-0 lead in the series. Fresno State won the last meeting 17-3 in 2000 at Bulldog Stadium.
By reaching and surpassing the 10,000 ticket milestone, the Fresno State Department of Athletics will receive more than $750,000 for competing in the contest and can earn additional revenue with the sale of more tickets. Fresno State and California partnered with Russ Potts Productions and WFI Stadium, Inc., who are the game's promoters.
fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, california state university fresno, pat hill, sports, jason oliveira
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies