Film crews invade Chukchansi Park in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fans of the Fresno Grizzlies got to see more than a baseball game Saturday night as a Hollywood film crew invaded Chukchansi Park.
Fans of the Fresno Grizzlies welcomed actor Billy Crystal to the stadium, who threw out the first pitch wearing a Grizzlies jersey.
Dozens of production crew members were at the stadium to shoot scenes from Crystal's latest project. In it, he plays a minor league broadcaster, living in Fresno.
The film's director says they first scouted the ballpark two weeks ago then arrived early Saturday morning to get to work.
"Fresno and the Grizzlies, thanks so much for having us. Come see the movie, I promise you'll have a good time. And then you can be like, that's me! That's me! I'm right there! That's me! That's me!" Andy Fickman said.
Thousands of Grizzlies fans attended Saturday night's game waving at the actor and taking pictures of him. Filming continued Sunday night.
fresno, fresno county, fresno grizzlies, celebrity, sports
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno