Film crews invade Chukchansi Park in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fans of the Fresno Grizzlies got to see more than a baseball game Saturday night as a Hollywood film crew invaded Chukchansi Park.
Fans of the Fresno Grizzlies welcomed actor Billy Crystal to the stadium, who threw out the first pitch wearing a Grizzlies jersey.
Dozens of production crew members were at the stadium to shoot scenes from Crystal's latest project. In it, he plays a minor league broadcaster, living in Fresno.
The film's director says they first scouted the ballpark two weeks ago then arrived early Saturday morning to get to work.
"Fresno and the Grizzlies, thanks so much for having us. Come see the movie, I promise you'll have a good time. And then you can be like, that's me! That's me! I'm right there! That's me! That's me!" Andy Fickman said.
Thousands of Grizzlies fans attended Saturday night's game waving at the actor and taking pictures of him. Filming continued Sunday night.
fresno, fresno county, fresno grizzlies, celebrity, sports
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno 56 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno 43 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos