'Dogs Prep for 2011 Opener against Cal
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- When asked of his thoughts on Fresno State's status as a 10-point underdog for Saturday's season opener against Cal, Bulldog head coach Pat Hill turned to humor to brush aside the question.
"Now if they're going to give us 10 points before the game starts, then that would be interesting to me," Hill joked. "But that's not the way it works. We both start at zero. I'm not worried about who's favored and who's the underdog."
Coach Hill admits both programs having first-time starting quarterbacks will make it tough to prepare for one another. But in a game of adjustments, he says his Bulldogs will be ready for whatever Cal throws at them.
"We'll be ready to adjust," said Hill. "We'll have to adjust on both sides of the ball. Opening games are always tough. And it will be tough for people against us in an opening game, because there are things that Derek Carr can do that we haven't been able to do."
But Coach Hill makes sure media and fans do not mistake his quiet confidence, for underestimating the Golden Bears. Led by former Bulldog Jeff Tedford, Coach Hill says the Pac-12 school will bring out the best in his squad.
"It's going to be a great matchup," Hill said. "It's why you play. Our kids are excited for the game. And both teams will be very hungry. There's no doubt in my mind."
pat hill, fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports, david bataller
- Woman killed in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 40 min ago
- Man shot in upper torso in Parlier; 1 person detained
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse 8 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County...
33 min ago