Visalia Cal Ripken Team Honored
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- In the South Valley, where the Visalia team that won last month's 12-year-old Cal Ripken world series was honored by the Visalia City Council.
Each player was awarded a certificate of participation for becoming the first host team to win the national championship.
The Visalia squad was a perfect 6-0 during the tournament, including a shutout win over South Lexington, Kentucky in the title game.
visalia, tulare county, sports, jason oliveira
- Deputy-involved shooting in Tulare County 6 min ago
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet 50 min ago
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident