Visalia Cal Ripken Team Honored
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- In the South Valley, where the Visalia team that won last month's 12-year-old Cal Ripken world series was honored by the Visalia City Council.
Each player was awarded a certificate of participation for becoming the first host team to win the national championship.
The Visalia squad was a perfect 6-0 during the tournament, including a shutout win over South Lexington, Kentucky in the title game.
visalia, tulare county, sports, jason oliveira
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members 57 min ago
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos