Visalia Cal Ripken Team Honored
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- In the South Valley, where the Visalia team that won last month's 12-year-old Cal Ripken world series was honored by the Visalia City Council.
Each player was awarded a certificate of participation for becoming the first host team to win the national championship.
The Visalia squad was a perfect 6-0 during the tournament, including a shutout win over South Lexington, Kentucky in the title game.
visalia, tulare county, sports, jason oliveira
- Authorities are investigating a homicide in Fresno County 26 min ago
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president 42 min ago
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Eric Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor
- LA voters back measure to cap number of pot shops
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Dr. Joseph Castro named new Fresno State...
41 min ago