'Dogs New Center of Attention
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An injury to the Bulldogs starting center has forced Pat Hill to re-shuffle the team's offensive line, just in time for this weekend's visit to national power Nebraska.
Senior Leslie Cooper is the new center of attention. He takes over for the injured Richard Helepiko, who sprained his ankle against Cal over the weekend.
The injury will allow redshirt freshman Cody Wichmann to make his starting debut on the offensive line.
Cooper slides over from right guard and will make his first career start at center this Saturday when the Bulldogs take on the 10th ranked Cornhuskers and their blitz happy defense.
fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports, jason oliveira
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US 33 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos