'Dogs New Center of Attention
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An injury to the Bulldogs starting center has forced Pat Hill to re-shuffle the team's offensive line, just in time for this weekend's visit to national power Nebraska.
Senior Leslie Cooper is the new center of attention. He takes over for the injured Richard Helepiko, who sprained his ankle against Cal over the weekend.
The injury will allow redshirt freshman Cody Wichmann to make his starting debut on the offensive line.
Cooper slides over from right guard and will make his first career start at center this Saturday when the Bulldogs take on the 10th ranked Cornhuskers and their blitz happy defense.
fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports, jason oliveira
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom 56 min ago
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting 1 min ago
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident