'Dogs to Start New Pair of Safeties
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno State hit the practice field Tuesday to start preparations for Saturday's WAC opener at Idaho, where they will play a new safety tandem on defense.
Junior Terrance Dennis will be joined by fellow junior Cris Wilson to make up the bulldog last line of defense. This is because star sophomore Derron Smith broke his arm in the fourth quarter of Saturday's win over North Dakota.
But Bulldog players say the injuries don't change their main goal of winning the WAC in this, their final year in the conference.
Kickoff Saturday is set for 2:00 Pacific, at the Kibbie Dome in Moscow, Idaho. Head Coach Pat Hill has never lost to the Vandals in six career games with Fresno State.
fresno state, fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting 19 min ago
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Fresno man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced