Bulldogs knock off Urban Knights
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Kevin Olekaibe equaled his season high with 25 points, leading Fresno State to an 85-55 victory over Academy of Art on Wednesday night.
Tyler Johnson added 16 points and eight rebounds for Fresno State (3-4), which snapped a three-game losing streak.
Ameer Shamsud-din scored 16 points, and William Overton added 13 points and nine rebounds for the Division II Urban Knights (0-7).
Olekaibe, who has scored at least 18 points in every game for the Bulldogs, added six rebounds and four steals.
Fresno State finished with a 42-21 rebounding advantage, including a 13-3 edge on the offensive glass.
The Bulldogs led 45-25 on halftime after Larry McGaughey's 3-pointer at the buzzer. Fresno State closed the first half with a 13-2 run.
fresno state basketball, fresno state bulldogs, fresno state, sports
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals