Bulldogs knock off Urban Knights
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Kevin Olekaibe equaled his season high with 25 points, leading Fresno State to an 85-55 victory over Academy of Art on Wednesday night.
Tyler Johnson added 16 points and eight rebounds for Fresno State (3-4), which snapped a three-game losing streak.
Ameer Shamsud-din scored 16 points, and William Overton added 13 points and nine rebounds for the Division II Urban Knights (0-7).
Olekaibe, who has scored at least 18 points in every game for the Bulldogs, added six rebounds and four steals.
Fresno State finished with a 42-21 rebounding advantage, including a 13-3 edge on the offensive glass.
The Bulldogs led 45-25 on halftime after Larry McGaughey's 3-pointer at the buzzer. Fresno State closed the first half with a 13-2 run.
fresno state basketball, fresno state bulldogs, fresno state, sports
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting 20 min ago
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Fresno man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced