Boise Coach Petersen shows support for Hill
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Boise State Head Coach Chris Petersen and former Bulldog Head Coach Pat Hill have shared a mutual respect for one another for the past six seasons as head coaches of rival schools. So it's no surprise Petersen was quick to come to Hill's defense after learning of his dismissal.
Petersen's Broncos have thoroughly dominated the rivalry since he took over as head coach in 2006, scoring at least 51 points in each of the last four blowout wins. But Petersen was quick to correct fans who believe a team's success has to do mainly with the coaching. Instead, he said he's lucky to be at a university like Boise State, where he's got the support of not only the administration, but a loyal fan base as well.
"There's no doubt you have to have the right coach but you've gotta have the other things in place," Petersen said. "You've gotta have that administration that is doing everything they can possible do to support you. The financial backing and the fan base, it all works together. "And California, that area has been hit hard. And I know [Hill's] financial situation has been going backwards for the last few years and it makes a difference. There's no question about it. So you feel bad for him because he's a heck of a coach."
pat hill, fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, fresno state, sports, david bataller
- Victim in fatal stabbing well known in the Tower District 14 min ago
- Fire truck overturns in multiple vehicle collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Coalinga dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
- Fresno City Council votes against planned bike lane
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos