State bowl, history await Le Grand
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Le Grand High is one victory away from a State Championship.
On Friday the Bulldogs take on Sierra Canyon of Chatsworth at the Home Depot Center in Carson.
Le Grand is riding a 26-game win streak and is coming off its second straight section title in Division V.
Le Grand is the first team from the Merced area to play in the State Bowl Championship.
The school district made Friday a local holiday in hopes that people from the community will travel to LA to support their only high school football team.
The game will be a battle of undefeated teams, with Le Grand representing Northern California taking on Sierra Canyon of Southern California.
The game kicks off at 4 p.m. Friday at the Home Depot Center in Carson, and the Bulldogs left Thursday to avoid distractions.
Another Valley school will look for high school glory at the Home Depot Center.
Washington Union will take on Campolindo-Moraga in the Division III state championship at noon Saturday.
The Panthers will be the first team from the central section to play for a state title in the six year history of the championship.
They are expected to hold a large rally Friday.
legrand, merced county, sports, tommy tran
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs 53 min ago
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City 38 min ago
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to...
54 min ago