State bowl, history await Le Grand
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Le Grand High is one victory away from a State Championship.
On Friday the Bulldogs take on Sierra Canyon of Chatsworth at the Home Depot Center in Carson.
Le Grand is riding a 26-game win streak and is coming off its second straight section title in Division V.
Le Grand is the first team from the Merced area to play in the State Bowl Championship.
The school district made Friday a local holiday in hopes that people from the community will travel to LA to support their only high school football team.
The game will be a battle of undefeated teams, with Le Grand representing Northern California taking on Sierra Canyon of Southern California.
The game kicks off at 4 p.m. Friday at the Home Depot Center in Carson, and the Bulldogs left Thursday to avoid distractions.
Another Valley school will look for high school glory at the Home Depot Center.
Washington Union will take on Campolindo-Moraga in the Division III state championship at noon Saturday.
The Panthers will be the first team from the central section to play for a state title in the six year history of the championship.
They are expected to hold a large rally Friday.
legrand, merced county, sports, tommy tran
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested 59 min ago
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers 24 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch 40 min ago
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water...
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos