State bowl, history await Le Grand
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Le Grand High is one victory away from a State Championship.
On Friday the Bulldogs take on Sierra Canyon of Chatsworth at the Home Depot Center in Carson.
Le Grand is riding a 26-game win streak and is coming off its second straight section title in Division V.
Le Grand is the first team from the Merced area to play in the State Bowl Championship.
The school district made Friday a local holiday in hopes that people from the community will travel to LA to support their only high school football team.
The game will be a battle of undefeated teams, with Le Grand representing Northern California taking on Sierra Canyon of Southern California.
The game kicks off at 4 p.m. Friday at the Home Depot Center in Carson, and the Bulldogs left Thursday to avoid distractions.
Another Valley school will look for high school glory at the Home Depot Center.
Washington Union will take on Campolindo-Moraga in the Division III state championship at noon Saturday.
The Panthers will be the first team from the central section to play for a state title in the six year history of the championship.
They are expected to hold a large rally Friday.
legrand, merced county, sports, tommy tran
- Ryan Rodriquez has been found safe in Fresno County 10 min ago
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos