State bowl, history await Le Grand
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Le Grand High is one victory away from a State Championship.
On Friday the Bulldogs take on Sierra Canyon of Chatsworth at the Home Depot Center in Carson.
Le Grand is riding a 26-game win streak and is coming off its second straight section title in Division V.
Le Grand is the first team from the Merced area to play in the State Bowl Championship.
The school district made Friday a local holiday in hopes that people from the community will travel to LA to support their only high school football team.
The game will be a battle of undefeated teams, with Le Grand representing Northern California taking on Sierra Canyon of Southern California.
The game kicks off at 4 p.m. Friday at the Home Depot Center in Carson, and the Bulldogs left Thursday to avoid distractions.
Another Valley school will look for high school glory at the Home Depot Center.
Washington Union will take on Campolindo-Moraga in the Division III state championship at noon Saturday.
The Panthers will be the first team from the central section to play for a state title in the six year history of the championship.
They are expected to hold a large rally Friday.
legrand, merced county, sports, tommy tran
- Tulare Police Chief Arrested 9 min ago
- Obama: Sanctions show costs to Russia on Crimea
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Sonic robbed at gunpoint in Clovis
- Large fire burns abandoned home in Central Fresno
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos