'Dogs Hoops Falls Short at Home Against Hawaii
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Another game the Bulldogs had every chance to win, instead turned into another frustrating loss in the final few minutes.
Fresno State hosted Hawaii in their WAC home opener. The warriors have a shooter on their roster, as Zane Johnson led all scorers with 24 points, including six three pointers.
Hawaii led early, but the Bulldogs shot well from behind the arc too. As a team they made 11 three-pointers in the game. Garrett Johnson made four by himself, good for a team-high 18 points.
But the Bulldogs just had too many lapses, both on defense and on offense. Kevin Foster inexcusably missed a dunk attempt, which hurt Fresno State because the Bulldogs needed every point they could get Thursday. After coming back from nine points down at halftime, they forced overtime, only to lose 74-68.
Steven Shepp racked up 11 assists, but Fresno State will have to wait for Saturday night's home matchup against San Jose State, to go for their first WAC win.
fresno state basketball, fresno state bulldogs, sports, david bataller
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 31 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Accuweather Forecast
45 min ago