'Dogs Hoops Falls Short at Home Against Hawaii
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Another game the Bulldogs had every chance to win, instead turned into another frustrating loss in the final few minutes.
Fresno State hosted Hawaii in their WAC home opener. The warriors have a shooter on their roster, as Zane Johnson led all scorers with 24 points, including six three pointers.
Hawaii led early, but the Bulldogs shot well from behind the arc too. As a team they made 11 three-pointers in the game. Garrett Johnson made four by himself, good for a team-high 18 points.
But the Bulldogs just had too many lapses, both on defense and on offense. Kevin Foster inexcusably missed a dunk attempt, which hurt Fresno State because the Bulldogs needed every point they could get Thursday. After coming back from nine points down at halftime, they forced overtime, only to lose 74-68.
Steven Shepp racked up 11 assists, but Fresno State will have to wait for Saturday night's home matchup against San Jose State, to go for their first WAC win.
fresno state basketball, fresno state bulldogs, sports, david bataller
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos