Bulldogs make it two in a row at home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Rodney Terry's Bulldogs needed a strong second half to get past a well-coached Cal State San Marcos team Wednesday night at the Save Mart Center.
Former Bulldog Tim Steed filled up the stat sheet for the Cougars, finishing with 10 points, four boards and three assists. But he got out-muscled by Jerry Brown on a few occasions. A career-high 17 points for Brown in the game.
Fresno State would get burned a few times on the defensive end, with Daniel Redmond leading San Marcos with 13 points.
But the Bulldogs stuck to it and persevered. Steven Shepp had a key stretch at the end of the first half with a three pointer and a driving layup, and the Bulldogs would go on to win it, 66-55 the final score at home. Kevin Olekaibe added 14 for the Bulldogs, who improve to 9-11 overall on the year.
Fresno State now heads to Nevada for a showdown in Reno this coming Saturday.
fresno state baseball, fresno state bulldogs, sports, david bataller
- Victim in fatal stabbing well known in the Tower District 28 min ago
- Fire truck overturns in multiple vehicle collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Coalinga dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
- Fresno City Council votes against planned bike lane
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos