Former Fresno State Coach J.R. Boone dies at 86
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Valley is mourning the loss of J.R. Boone who served as head coach of the Fresno State Football Team between 1972 and 1975.
J.R. Boone died in Selma on Saturday from pneumonia. J.R. used to volunteer at San Joaquin Memorial when his son Jim Boone coached the Panthers.
Boone was a member of the Fresno Athletic Hall of Fame. He played in the NFL as a running back for the Packers, Bears and 49ers.
J.R. Boone coached the Bulldogs prior to the Jim Sweeney era. He died at the age of 86.
fresno state, fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, selma, fresno county, sports
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos