Mountain West and Conference-USA merging into single athletic conference
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Members of the Mountain West and Conference USA athletic conferences announced Monday they are working on finalizing merging the two leagues.
Fresno State will join the Mountain West in the fall of 2012. The new conference is expected to include 18 to 24 schools, and will hold a football championship game to determine the conference winner.
Fresno State Athletics Director Thomas Boeh will announce details of the merger Monday night at 5:30 p.m.
We will have complete coverage tonight on Action News at six. Stay with Action News and ABC30.COM for details.
fresno state, fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking 30 min ago
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos