Washington Union football team recognized in Sacramento
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno County football team received a special honor Monday in the state capitol.
Members of the Washington Union High School football team were honored with a resolution on the assembly floor at noon on Monday. The Panthers brought home the 2011 State CIF Division Three Championship in December, after beating Campolindo 21 to 26.
Assemblyman Henry T. Perea hosted the team, along with some of their parents on a tour of the capitol before receiving the honor.
Washington Union was also one of our Friday Morning Football Teams of the Week.
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos