Washington Union football team recognized in Sacramento
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno County football team received a special honor Monday in the state capitol.
Members of the Washington Union High School football team were honored with a resolution on the assembly floor at noon on Monday. The Panthers brought home the 2011 State CIF Division Three Championship in December, after beating Campolindo 21 to 26.
Assemblyman Henry T. Perea hosted the team, along with some of their parents on a tour of the capitol before receiving the honor.
Washington Union was also one of our Friday Morning Football Teams of the Week.
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera 45 min ago
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Merced Co. may allow fireworks in unincorporated areas
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison
- Xbox One to go on sale in late 2013
- ESPN layoffs are the latest in a series of Disney cuts
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Photos: Aftermath of deadly tornadoes
- Madera County fire nearly contained
- Accuweather Forecast
32 min ago