Playoffs heat up in girls basketball
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- It was an all-Panther showdown for a spot in the girls Division Four Valley Championship game with San Joaquin Memorial hosting upstarts Parlier Wednesday night.
There was a good sized crowed at Memorial Wednesday night. They all knew the Panthers were going to win -- but which ones?
In the end, Memorial beat Parlier 58-46. They move on to face Lindsay in the Division 4 Championship game.
Elsewhere around the Central Valley, top-seeded Stockdale is on a collision course with number two seeded Hanford. Stockdale beats Buchanan 74-57, while Hanford took care of Edison 64-47. The showdown for all the marbles is set for Saturday night at 6 p.m.
In Division Two, Monache of Porterville beat Clovis North 61-47. They'll face Redwood in Friday night's final after the Rangers upset Garces on the road 63-53.
sports, david bataller
- Oregon teen accused of planning to attack school
- Tower District banding together to fight crime
- Keeping safe this Memorial Day weekend
- Motorcycle officer recovering after crash in NE Fresno
- Millerton Lake boating accident injures one person
- Senate District 16 could be headed to runoff
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Man dies in Southwest Fresno shooting
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; 200-plus rescued
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos