UNLV Sweeps Bulldog Softball
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Much like the Bulldog baseball team this past weekend, Margie Wright's softball Bulldogs found out Wednesday they will need to step up their game next season if they want to have success in the Mountain West Conference.
Fresno State hosting Nevada-Las Vegas, and a crazy play happened in the first inning. Courtney Moore with the drive to deep left center, the outfielder looks like she's got the catch, but her arm goes over the fence and she drops it. The umpires get together and rule it a home run. UNLV not happy.
Next batter is Stesha Brazil, and she takes the delivery deep over the wall in left for back to back home runs. Bulldogs led it 4-0 at that point, but UNLV comes all the way back to win game one 8-5. The Rebels also took game two, 12-2. The Bulldogs fall to 24-15 overall on the season before hosting Utah State Friday in WAC play.
fresno state bulldogs, sports, david bataller
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- Dave Chappelle is back with new Funny or Die tour
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails