Fresno State hires Raegan Pebley as new Woman's Basketball Coach
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Raegan Pebley has been hired as the new Fresno State Woman's Basketball Coach, replacing Adrian Wiggins.
Raegan Pebley is a former WNBA player and has been the head coach of the Utah State program since 2002. After revitalizing the Utah State program in 2003, Pebley guided the Aggies to a program record 21 wins last year and was one of eight coaches in the nation to be a finalist for the 2012 WBCA National Coach of the Year award.
In 2001, Pebley was named the WAC Coach of the Year and this past year was the 2012 RUSSELL ATHLETIC/WBCA Region 7 Coach of the Year.
Before taking over the Utah State program, Pebley was an assistant coach at George Mason University from 1997 to 1999, and at Colorado State from 1999 to 2001.
fresno state bulldogs, fresno state basketball, sports, david bataller
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Singer Juan Gabriel released from Vegas hospital
- Easter Brunch recipe