Grizzlies Win Again at Home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Grizzlies continued their winning ways at Chukchansi Park Thursday night, despite some chilly weather that kept more than a few fans away from the park.
An announced crowd of almost 3,800 fans saw the game, which is well below your average "Tecate Thursday" total.
Left hander Travis Blackley didn't seem to mind. The 6'3" Australian struck out five in seven shutout innings, only giving up three hits. And the Grizzlies played errorless defense behind him.
A fourth inning Roger Kieschnick two-run homer would be more than enough for Fresno, as the Grizzlies win the series opener, 3-0. Both teams are back at Chukchansi Park Friday night at 7:05pm.
fresno grizzlies, sports, david bataller
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions