Grizzlies Win Again at Home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Grizzlies continued their winning ways at Chukchansi Park Thursday night, despite some chilly weather that kept more than a few fans away from the park.
An announced crowd of almost 3,800 fans saw the game, which is well below your average "Tecate Thursday" total.
Left hander Travis Blackley didn't seem to mind. The 6'3" Australian struck out five in seven shutout innings, only giving up three hits. And the Grizzlies played errorless defense behind him.
A fourth inning Roger Kieschnick two-run homer would be more than enough for Fresno, as the Grizzlies win the series opener, 3-0. Both teams are back at Chukchansi Park Friday night at 7:05pm.
fresno grizzlies, sports, david bataller
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos