Ex-'Dog LHP Justin Wilson Part of History
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- lready with a 2008 College World Series ring, former Bulldog left hander Justin Wilson added another piece of history to his resume Sunday in Durham, North Carolina.
Pitching for the Pittsburgh Pirates AAA affiliate Indianapolis Indians, Miller had a no-hitter in the sixth, and struck out Will Rhymes looking to end the inning.
Then in the seventh, Wilson took the liner off the backside, but recovered to get the out at first, and keep the no-hitter.
Miller struck out nine Bulls in 7 1/3 innings of work, walking one, and relievers José Diaz and Doug Slaten would finish off the no-hitter. Indianapolis goes on to beat Durham 2-0, with Justin Wilson part of the combined no-hitter.
fresno state baseball, fresno state bulldogs, north carolina, sports
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law 1 min ago
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge 5 min ago
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends 26 min ago
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Fighting the flu with exercise
56 min ago
- Valley schools prepare for new California...
40 min ago
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos