Ex-'Dog LHP Justin Wilson Part of History
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- lready with a 2008 College World Series ring, former Bulldog left hander Justin Wilson added another piece of history to his resume Sunday in Durham, North Carolina.
Pitching for the Pittsburgh Pirates AAA affiliate Indianapolis Indians, Miller had a no-hitter in the sixth, and struck out Will Rhymes looking to end the inning.
Then in the seventh, Wilson took the liner off the backside, but recovered to get the out at first, and keep the no-hitter.
Miller struck out nine Bulls in 7 1/3 innings of work, walking one, and relievers José Diaz and Doug Slaten would finish off the no-hitter. Indianapolis goes on to beat Durham 2-0, with Justin Wilson part of the combined no-hitter.
fresno state baseball, fresno state bulldogs, north carolina, sports
- Pedestrian killed in Highway 99 hit and run crash
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters U-Pick Apricots
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say