Ex-'Dog LHP Justin Wilson Part of History
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- lready with a 2008 College World Series ring, former Bulldog left hander Justin Wilson added another piece of history to his resume Sunday in Durham, North Carolina.
Pitching for the Pittsburgh Pirates AAA affiliate Indianapolis Indians, Miller had a no-hitter in the sixth, and struck out Will Rhymes looking to end the inning.
Then in the seventh, Wilson took the liner off the backside, but recovered to get the out at first, and keep the no-hitter.
Miller struck out nine Bulls in 7 1/3 innings of work, walking one, and relievers José Diaz and Doug Slaten would finish off the no-hitter. Indianapolis goes on to beat Durham 2-0, with Justin Wilson part of the combined no-hitter.
fresno state baseball, fresno state bulldogs, north carolina, sports
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 14 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident